December 28, 2010

I Wish

I wish but I can't
and the wishlist is still there

I wish but I know
the list items might never be crossed off

I wish but I couldn't
because of other's wish



I wish I was a neutron bomb, for once I could go off
I wish I was a sacrifice but somehow still lived on
I wish I was a sentimental ornament you hung on the Christmas tree
I wish I was the star that went on top
I wish I was the evidence
I wish I was the grounds for fifty million hands upraised and opened toward the sky

I wish I was a sailor with someone who waited for me
I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me
I wish I was a messenger, and all the news was good
I wish I was the full moon shining off a camaro's hood

I wish I was an alien, at home behind the sun
I wish I was the souvenir you kept your house key on
I wish I was the pedal break that you depended on
I wish I was the verb "to trust", and never let you down

I wish I was a radio song, the one that you turned up
I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish
I guess it never stops

No comments: